Research School Network: Improving Secondary Literacy A one day training course to explore the evidence on effective literacy across the curriculum
Improving Secondary Literacy
A one day training course to explore the evidence on effective literacy across the curriculum
Language and literacy provide us with the building blocks not just for academic success, but for fulfilling careers and rewarding lives. Consequently, the EEF has focused considerable effort in this area to distil the research about how to support literacy most effectively in secondary schools.
This training will focus on exploring the recommendations from the EEF Improving Secondary Literacy Guidance Report.
This programme will:
- Explore the research evidence on secondary literacy
- Consider disciplinary literacy and why it should be a priority
- Provide delegates with practical strategies to use in school
Aimed at: Teachers and leaders of all subjects in secondary schools
Led by: Sandringham Research School Team
- Annabel Brown, Research School Director
- Kate Mouncey, Research Lead & Assistant Headteacher, Head of Sixth Form, Sandringham School, St Albans
- Karen Roskilly, Research Lead & Director of Learning: Sociology, Sandringham School, St Albans
- Katie Wills, Research Lead & Director of Learning: Personal Development, Sandringham School, St Albans
- Sarah Hosegood, Research Lead & Assistant Headteacher, Beaumont School, St Albans
Here’s what former delegates have said about this course
I loved the explicit takeaways and models. It was also really helpful to discuss ideas people are currently using.
Good to understand the importance of literacy across all subjects, excellent tips and examples given.
It was great to have a summary of EEF findings and links to summaries of other documents - easier to work out how to share with colleagues.