Research School Network: Developing Literacy in Primary Schools Develop an evidence-rich approach to improve teaching and learning in Literacy in your school.
Developing Literacy in Primary Schools
Develop an evidence-rich approach to improve teaching and learning in Literacy in your school.
Event category: Modules
£ 295 - Bring along a colleague from your school or MAT for FREE
4 November, 2021
09:00 - 10:30
17 November, 2021
09:00 - 15:30
20 January, 2022
09:00 - 03:30
16 February, 2022
09:00 - 15:30
10 March, 2022
13:00 - 15:00
About the programme
In this nine module programme of carefully spaced professional learning, explore the evidence on developing Primary Literacy and effective Implementation in schools, focusing on clear, actionable recommendations and how to apply research evidence into practice.
Key research insights from 3 EEF Guidance Reports: Preparing for Literacy, Improving Literacy in KS1 and Improving Literacy in KS2.
Starting in November 2021 running to March 2022, this 9 module programme will be divided into 5 blended sessions, both online and face to face.
- Session 1 | Thursday November 4th09.00 – 10.30 Launch & introduction
Module 1, The foundations of literacy and Implementation (Online)
- Session 2 | Wednesday November 17th09.00 – 15.30
Modules 2& 3, Developing speech and language (F2F – Canalside Conference Centre)
- Session 3 | Thursday January 20th09.00 – 15.30 Modules 4& 5, Reading – balanced approach, building fluency, motivation and engagement (F2F – Canalside Conference Centre)
- Session 4 | Wednesday February 16th09.00 – 15.30
Modules 6& 7, Writing as a process (F2F – Canalside Conference Centre)
- Session 5 | Thursday March 10th13.00 – 15.00
Module 8* & 9, Identifying priorities in literacy: Prepare, Deliver, Sustain (Online)
*Module 8, the focus on diagnostic assessment and high quality structured interventions will be intertwined into each session.