Research School Network: Recommended (free!) summer reading
Recommended (free!) summer reading
by Unity Research School
There are ever increasing sources of digestible research and evidence for all of us in schools to benefit get stuck in to and benefit from.
Over the course of the year we have regularly referred to a wide variety of freely available sources of evidence.
- Preparing for Literacy
- Metacognition and self-regulated learning
- Putting Evidence to Work – A school’s Guide to Implementation
Alongside these valuable publications ten of our most frequently shared sources of evidence based thinking are:
- What makes great teaching? Review of underpinning research – Coe et al
- The Science of Learning – Deans for Impact
- Six Strategies for Effective Learning – the Learning Scientists
- Strengthening the Student Toolbox – Dunlosky
- Cognitive Load Theory – Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation
- Effective teaching – Education Development Trust
- What Makes Great Pedagogy – Chris Husbands & Jo Pearce, NCSL
- Principles of Instruction – Rosenshine
- EAST: Four simple Ways to apply Behavioural Insights – Behaviour Insights Team
- Behavioural Insights for Education – Behaviour Insights Team
These are just a selection of freely available, valuable resources to inspire reflection as we seek to be ever more effective in inspiring great learning for those we teach – there are plenty more and we’ll be sure to share other recommendations in future posts.
More from the Unity Research SchoolShow all news
Pupil Premium Strategy: 2 Essential Resources for School Leaders (Plus a great book!)