Research School Network: New fully-funded twilight sessions: Supporting recovery — Making Evidence-informed Choices. Providing support in shaping schools’ approach to educational recovery, school improvement & planning.
New fully-funded twilight sessions: Supporting recovery — Making Evidence-informed Choices.
Providing support in shaping schools’ approach to educational recovery, school improvement & planning.
by Staffordshire Research School
New fully-funded twilight sessions: Supporting recovery — Making evidence-informed choices.
This new offer of two free 90-minute online sessions, will support schools to purposefully identify key development priorities for their setting in the wake of the pandemic. It will give guidance on using evidence to identify potential solutions to challenges schools are facing, and provide tools and worked examples of putting new initiatives into practice.This offer is most suitable for schools or teachers who haven’t already been on Research School training in the last 18 months, and want to find out more about using evidence to support recovery.Schools in the West Midlands can sign up now to attend these after-school online sessions, which will run monthly from January 2022.
The content explores current challenges, and models how to utilise EEF evidence, before clarifying how school leaders can engage further, with RSN and EEF activity such as a new and fully-funded training programme, and wider more sustained training and partnerships. These twilights will include:
- Twilight 1 is a 90-minutes remote session – ‘Exploring the challenges’. It has a focus on exploring the challenges of educational recovery, recognising school efforts, whilst signposting our relevant evidence and resources.
- Twilight 2 is a 90-minutes remote session – ‘Preparing and planning for recovery’. It has a focus on restating the value of the tiered model as a central lens to explore challenges and evidence-led approaches, with the twilight offering a more sustained exploration into how we ‘ensure curriculum access’ via reading and a stronger awareness of language challenges.
Staffordshire, St. Matthew’s and Aspirer Research Schools are each delivering two pairs of twilights for participants to access. Some dates have already passed but the remaining dates of the first two pairs are:
- 10th& 17th February 4:00 – 5:30pm – from the Staffordshire Research School
- 10th& 21st March 4:00 – 5:30pm – from the Staffordshire Research School
- 4th& 28th April 4:00 – 5:30pm – from the Staffordshire Research School
- 9th& 15th February 3:30 – 5pm – from St. Matthew’s Research School
- 17th& 24th March 3:30 – 5pm – from St. Matthew’s Research School
- 5th& 25th April 3:30 – 5pm – from St. Matthew’s Research School
- 8th& 15th February 3:45 – 5:15pm – From Aspirer Research School
- 9th& 16th March 3:45 – 5:15pm – Aspirer Research School
Multiple people from the same school can attend but please can each person register separately. To register for one pair of twilight events click here https://forms.gle/rKXkoJtbanF4…
Supporting Recovery Event information Flyer
Related EventsShow all events
More from the Staffordshire Research SchoolShow all news
In the news -
Teaching Assistants and Teachers working together to ensure progress in Science
Professional development for TAs to support learning in Science
Less is More: reducing our CPD to make it more impactful
Beth Stirling shares her thoughts on why effective implementation is key driver in embedding lasting change
The ‘Joy’ of the Autumn Term – Teaching Children Social and Emotional Learning Skills
Pam Carpenter explores strategies in ensuring our pupils have the social and emotional learning skills to succeed