Research School Network: Training and Retaining Great Teachers 2021 – 2022 Explore the best available evidence on continuous professional development
Training and Retaining Great Teachers 2021 – 2022
Explore the best available evidence on continuous professional development
Teacher quality matters to pupil outcomes and therefore teacher development proves one of the most effective ways to drive school improvement. But why is it so hard to change our habits in the classroom? And what models for CPD are most likely to support teacher development?
‘Training and Retaining Great Teachers’ explores the best available evidence on continuous professional development, both nationally and internationally. From exploring the evidence on pupil learning, to that of effective teacher learning and expertise, leaders attending this programme will develop a robust plan to support and develop every teacher in their school/Trust.
Why take part?
- To make evidence-informed decisions about improving teaching & learning
- To gain a range of tools to implement evidence-based CPD
- To meet the DfE 2016 Teachers’ Professional Development Standard
Who is it for?
- School teaching & learning leaders/CPD leads
- CPD leaders across TSAs and MATs
- Secondary, Primary, Special leaders
- Prospective FE, senior leaders
- Specialist Leaders in Education