Research School Network: RN143 Self-Regulation in the Early Years with Dr Julian Grenier. The training is commissioned by City of York Council for York Schools, Early Years Settings and Academies.
RN143 Self-Regulation in the Early Years with Dr Julian Grenier.
The training is commissioned by City of York Council for York Schools, Early Years Settings and Academies.
These sessions are aimed at all Early Years practitioners including EY Leaders and Managers, teachers, support staff and childminders.
Please note that to book onto the programme you must be a school, setting or childminder within the City of York Council authority boundaries.
You will receive confirmation for your booking and invoices/payment requests when we return to school for the Autumn Term in September 2021.
To inform an accurate local response to Covid, the City of York Council conducted a local offer survey with schools and St Paul’s Nursery School developed a citywide parental questionnaire. These surveys both highlighted Personal, Social and Emotional Development skills as an area for staff development and parental concern. The new Early Years Foundation Stage Framework becomes statutory in September 2021 and self-regulation is one of the new Early Learning Goals. Feedback following CYC training for schools and settings on the new EYFS Framework also highlighted a CPD need in this area.
These sessions are intended to give theoretical and practical support to help practitioners develop children’s self-regulation. This prime area of development is vital for building a firm foundation for learning. The pandemic has highlighted children’s need for strong self-regulation skills and these sessions aim to equip practitioners to support children in this area.
During the events you will:
- Develop an understanding of self-regulation and its critical importance to children’s early development.
- Explore examples of what self-regulation looks like through real world examples.
- Consider how practitioners can support the development of children’s self-regulation.
- Develop an understanding of how self- regulation might be assessed and when children might benefit from additional support.
- Have the opportunity to ask questions of Dr Julian Grenier.